- This event has passed.
Canceled – The Complete CIPS Institute
February 27 @ 8:30 am - March 3 @ 5:00 pm
Cost: $595.00 for ALL 5 Courses, 37.5 Clock Hours.
Individual courses may be taken separately for $159 – Members and $179 – Non Members
WA State CE credits – 7.5/per course.
Please click on the course links below if you wish to register for individual courses.
Expand your business with the Certified International Property Specialist (CIPS) Designation.
- Global Real Estate: Local Markets, February 27, 8:30am-5:00pm
Coursenote: This course is the prerequisite course for the CIPS Designation. You must take this course before taking any other CIPS courses. Upon completion of this course, you will receive elective credit towards the ABR and CRS designation (applies to U.S. members only).
This introductory course offers you an overview of the international real estate business environment, including capital flow, currencies, government regulations and cultures. Topics such as international brokerage, networking, marketing, and selling will also be discussed.
- Global Real Estate: Transaction Tools, February 28, 8:30am-5:00pm
This course provides you with the tools needed to present investment information to international clients—in their currency and area. You will learn how to measure investment performance, prepare financial projections, and understand the effects of taxes and exchange rates on investment.
- Europe & International Real Estate, March 1, 8:30am-5:00pm
This course provides information on working with clients in Western and Central Europe. It Covers the European Union and its impact on international real estate, along with economic and real estate trends, networking and relationships, and marketing and selling practices.
- Asia/Pacific & International Real Estate, March 2, 8:30am-5:00pm
This course addresses real estate practices in Asia and the Pacific with emphasis on cultural influences, economic trends and assessment of investment opportunities. An extra chapter on working with the Japanese is also included.
- The Americas & International Real Estate, March 3, 8:30am-5:00pm
This course offers practical information for professionals who work with Caribbean, North, Central, and South American investors. Historical and cultural influences, regional relationship, and investment opportunities are covered along with a special focus on Mexico.
Course Note: In order to receive this designation, you must be a member of the National Association of REALTORS®. Non-members can take these courses but will not be awarded the REALTOR® family designation.
To be eligible for the CIPS Designation, you must complete 2 Core courses and 3 elective courses.
READY TO CAPTURE YOUR SHARE OF THE GROWING GLOBAL MARKET?
The CIPS Designation
- Understand the dynamics of doing global business in your local market.
- Exchange transaction referrals with worldwide agents.
- Become a skilled resource in the unique aspects of international real estate; understand cultural communications, international business and customs that impact the global real estate market.
- Join the specialty networking group, CIPS Network, exclusive to international practitioners.
Instructors: May Wan and Mark Kitabayashi
*Only Active REALTOR® members of SKCR are eligible to receive Member price online. If you are a REALTOR® member of another Association, you are eligible to receive Member price. Please call the Association office at 425-974-1011 to register.
*Pre-registration required. Only Pre-Paid registrants will guarantee reservation.
(Cancellations must be made 24 hours in advance of scheduled class for refund)