Negotiating Contracts Ethically in a Multiple Offer Environment
May 30 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Sorry, this class has been canceled.
Cost: *Members $35.00 & Non-Members $55.00, 3 Clock Hours.
Students will learn:
- Techniques for and potential ways of working with clients to make the contract more favorable
- How to present offers to sellers to make sure they are aware of potential hidden risks and benefits
- How to work through the amendment process without risking your buyers losing their position.
- The liability of inadvertently disclosing client confidentialities
- Inherent risks found in multiple offer situations
- How to present a variety of options for seller’s to consider when responding, while avoiding the ethical dilemmas that occur when negotiating offers and discussing variable rate commissions.
A case study will explore how lack of communication with the client and the non-disclosure of a variable rate commission to sway the seller to take the listing brokers offer may create liability for both ethical complaints as well as seller harm.
Instructor: John Gillam
John Gillam is a real estate Instructor in multiple states. He is a Broker / Owner of a firm in Colorado and a Qualified Broker for an office in New Mexico. John has been a real estate instructor since 2004 and has always taught from a Broker’s perspective to help reduce liability. As an active Broker, he is fully aware of the issues Brokers face on a daily basis. Through teaching in a variety of markets, he is able to offer a variety of options for Brokers to overcome many of the common practices that lead to complaints and liabilities. John brings experience in general residential, farm ranch, resort, commercial as well as leasing and property management. John is also a Community Association Manager licensed instructor.
Refreshments will be provided by Jim Hruza, Peoples Bank
*Only Active REALTOR® members of SKCR are eligible to receive Member price online. If you are a REALTOR® member of another Association, you are eligible to receive Member price. Please call the Association office at 425-974-1011 to register.
*Pre-registration required. Only Pre-Paid registrants will guarantee reservation.
(Cancellations must be made 24 hours in advance of scheduled class for refund)