- This event has passed.
Power of Strategy
April 18 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Cost: *Members $30.00 & Non-Members $55.00, 3 Clock Hours.
There has been a surge of 1031 activity in the King County areas. The IRC § 1031 Exchange course covers the following
- What is & Why do a § 1031 Exchange?
- Highly appreciated property strategies
- Four levels of capital taxes reviewed
- Benefits – Limitations of § 1031 Exchange
- Full deferral exchange vs partial differed exchange: agents make money both ways.
- What does the IRS §1031 code include & exclude with Like-Kind
- Properties held for Sale
- Entities make a difference & can cause delays: Partnerships/LLCs/Trusts
- Creative Replacement properties types in a low inventory market
- Intent: why all the fuss
- Restrictive timelines
- Identifying replacement properties in today’s market conditions
- How a Reverse &/or Improvement exchange can save your sale
- Interplay of Section 121 and 1031-strategies to present to clients
- 6 ways to make more commissions with 1031 exchanges
Instructor: Annamarie Kooning is the Northwest Division Manager with Asset Preservation, Inc. Prior to joining Asset Preservation, Annamarie was in the financial services and title services industries. During her career she has worked with many financial advisors by referral and is licensed in Oregon and Washington.
She has an extensive background in IRC Section 1031 tax-deferred exchanges and every aspect of real estate transactions, having participated in thousands of closings during her many years working in the title industry.
In addition to completing Master level Real Estate Finance courses at Portland State University, Annamarie also holds a Bachelor of Business Administration-Economics from Gonzaga University-Spokane, WA.
Refreshments will be provided by Kevin VanPamel, Pillar to Post Home Inspection
*Only Active REALTOR® members of SKCR are eligible to receive Member price online. If you are a REALTOR® member of another Association, you are eligible to receive Member price. Please call the Association office at 425-974-1011 to register.
*Pre-registration required. Only Pre-Paid registrants will guarantee reservation.
(Cancellations must be made 24 hours in advance of scheduled class for refund)