REALTORS® are more than just real estate brokers. When you become a SEATTLE KingCounty REALTOR® you are part of Washington REALTORS® and the National Associations of REALTORS®.
The first step is to determine your eligibility. To be a REALTOR® you must meet the following requirements:
- Hold a current, valid Washington State real estate broker or managing broker's license.
- Have no recent or pending bankruptcy (within the past two years).
- Have no record of official sanctions involving unprofessional conduct (within the past three years).
- "Hang your license" in a REALTOR® Office (the managing broker of the office must be a member with the SEATTLE KingCounty REALTORS®.)
- Take and abide by the REALTOR® Pledge.
- Pay REALTOR® dues (a portion of your dues also goes to the State and National Associations.)