Seattle King County REALTORS® seeks nominees for Board leadership in 2023
Nominations are now being accepted for ten open positions on the 2023 Board of Directors. The offices available for election include the newly created Vice President of Member Services and Communications. The ideal attributes of a Board nominee are: a well-established and successful career in real estate sales, a willingness to improve the practice of real estate, and a desire to remain fully informed on issues that affect home ownership and to make a positive impact.
The Nominations Committee, chaired by Sharon O’Mahony, is accepting applications through April 25, 2022. The annual Board election is held in June for terms which begin January 1, 2023.
“Our 2022 Board is broadening its reach, bringing in new ideas, new faces and new perspectives. We want to keep that momentum going in 2023,” said 2022 President Rachel Mehmedagic. “Board service is its own reward. I encourage active brokers to get involved.”
Open positions on the 2023 Board:
- President-Elect (1-year term; succeeds to the office of President in 2024)
- Vice President of Business Practices (1-year term; may serve 2 consecutive terms)
- Vice President of Member Services and Communications (1-year term; may serve 2 consecutive terms)
- Vice President-Elect of Governmental & Public Affairs (1-year term; serves as VP of Governmental & Public Affairs the following year)
- Director at-Large (2-year term) (3 positions open)
- North Regional Director (2-year term)
- East Regional Director (2-year term)
- Young Professionals Network (YPN) Director (1-year term)
To inquire about Board positions, contact CEO Russ Hokanson at email@example.com or 425.974.1021.