Demystifying the Mortgage Process – In Person Training
December 1 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
**This course will be held in-person at the Seattle King County REALTORS® classroom in Bellevue**
Masks are required for all participants.
Cost: *Members $39.00 & Non-Members $64.00, 3 Clock Hours.
Thank you to the class sponsor: Matt Makowicz, Cutco Closing Gifts
Mortgage Finance in Today’s Market
The mortgage loan process is complex and rarely without glitches. Important details can get overlooked causing a purchase to be delayed or denied. Understanding this process so that you better educate your clients can add value to your skill set as a broker. This fast-paced class will heighten your professionalism when presenting an offer to the listing agent – especially in a competitive market.
In this class you will:
- Learn the lending process from the buyer and seller perspectives.
- Recognize elements and aspects of a credit qualification.
- Identify the “red flags” of buyer financing and different types of loans.
- Learn the difference between pre-qualification, conditional loan approval, pre-approval and between the types of money lenders.
- Increase knowledge on using specialized forms.
- Discuss real life scenarios discussed from the seller and buyer side transactions.
- Minimize transaction fall-out due to financing contingency(s).
Instructor: Michael “Smit” Smith
Michael Smith, a.k.a. “Smit” has been working in the residential real estate industry for over 20 years. Smit’s trifecta expertise combines his experience as a real estate broker, owner and mortgage lender and his degrees in law to bring a well-rounded approach to his teaching. Smit’s NAR designation courses have been taught throughout the PNW. His passion for real estate, finance and teaching has led him to create and launch several custom courses as well, addressing current trends such as Survival Skills in a Changing Market (Covid19), What you should Know about STR’s and Real Estate Finance for Realtors. Smit’s classroom is an energetic experience as he drives towards a high level of participation by students. You will enjoy his style of teaching, where “Smit Happens” quite often and with memorable results.