- This event has passed.
Housing Affordability Legislative Update Seminar via Zoom
June 9 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Cost: *Members $30.00 & Non-Members $55.00, 3 Clock Hours.
Live online course- see attendance requirements for CE credit.
Join us for three lively panel discussions on the current housing situation, what happened during the State Legislative Session, and what issues still need to be resolved. Panels include representatives from the real estate industry, government, builder organizations, the business community, and affordable housing advocates.
Panel 1: Current housing situation: A discussion of the current state of the real estate market, the challenges builders face in providing affordable homes and the impact on the business community and residents.
- Mike Connelly, Windermere Real Estate
- Marco Lowe: Master Builders Association
- Samantha St. John, Kirkland Chamber & East King County Chamber of Commerce Legislative Coalition
Panel 2: 2021 Legislative successes and failures: A discussion of legislation that was passed at the State level and how it attempts to address the issues. A look at what wasn’t passed, the obstacles preventing consensus.
- Representative Amy Walen, 48th District
- Eddie Chang, Realogics Sotheby’s International Realty & SKCR VP of Governmental Affairs
- Marco Lowe, Master Builders Association
Panel 3: Challenges and opportunities going forward: A discussion of creative solutions outside the State Government. What are some local jurisdictions, private organizations and builders doing to address some of the issues?
- Kathleen Hosfeld, Homestead Community Land Trust
- Lynn Sanborn, Windermere Real Estate & SKCR President
- Mayor Penny Sweet, Kirkland
- Aaron Fairchild, Green Canopy
- Doug Davis, President Hallmark Realty (Duplex, triplex, Zoning, ADUs, Kirkland Moss Bay Plan)
IMPORTANT! Attendance requirements: Live online course will be presented via ZOOM Meeting. The link to join the meeting will be sent in the confirmation email. Students will need a device with two-way video and audio capabilities and a (free) Zoom account. To verify attendance, students must keep their camera on for the duration of the course and respond to live polls. Clock hour credit will only be given to students with their camera on, who are present and visible on their camera during the course, and who participate in course polls/chat. Please call 425-974-1011 with questions.
Instructor: Brenda Nunes
*Only Active REALTOR® members of SKCR are eligible to receive Member price online. If you are a REALTOR® member of another Association, you are eligible to receive Member price. Please call the Association office at 425-974-1011 to register.
*Pre-registration required. Only Pre-Paid registrants will guarantee reservation.
(Cancellations must be made 24 hours in advance of scheduled class for refund)