- This event has passed.
Making Selling Safer – In Person Training
July 21 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
**This course will be held in-person at the Seattle King County REALTORS® classroom in Bellevue**
Seattle King County REALTORS®, in compliance with the CDC guidelines, is not requiring a mask for fully vaccinated people. Social distancing rules TBD.
Cost: *Members $30.00 & Non-Members $55.00, 3 Clock Hours.
Making Selling Safer:
What can you do about Safety? Selling real estate can be a fun and rewarding profession, but it can also be extremely risky due to the large number of strangers that you may have to meet alone.
These statistics are for incidents that occurred while brokers were on the job:
- Since 2003, an average of 74 real estate professionals have been murdered on the job annually in the U.S.
- In 2011 – 153 real estate professionals were the victims of sexual assault in the U.S.
This course covers basic safety and security issues.
Real estate brokers will learn to:
- Identify situations that may put the property, client, and broker at risk.
- Practice safer methods of dealing with unknown clients.
- Know some basic ways to deter crime from identity to property theft.
- Understand the importance of reporting incidents.
- “Great information on safety and how to keep us all safe”, Mary Emert
- “Relevant, useful info, good ideas”, Johanna Craig
- “Translates generalities to specifics”, William Burns
Instructor: Amit Baruch
*Only Active REALTOR® members of SKCR are eligible to receive Member price online. If you are a REALTOR® member of another Association, you are eligible to receive Member price. Please call the Association office at 425-974-1011 to register.
*Pre-registration required. Only Pre-Paid registrants will guarantee reservation.
(Cancellations must be made 24 hours in advance of scheduled class for refund)