Power of Strategy via Zoom
February 9 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Live online course- see attendance requirements for CE credit.
Cost: *Members $30.00 & Non-Members $55.00, 3 Clock Hours.
There has been a surge of 1031 activity in the King County area. The IRC § 1031 Exchange course covers the following
- What is & Why do a § 1031 Exchange?
- Highly appreciated property strategies.
- Four levels of capital taxes reviewed.
- Benefits – Limitations of § 1031 Exchange.
- Full deferral exchange vs partial differed exchange: agents make money both ways.
- Creative Replacement properties types in a low inventory market.
- Identifying replacement properties in today’s market conditions.
- What properties does the IRS §1031 code include & exclude with Like-Kind.
- 6 ways to make more commissions with 1031 exchanges.
- Entities make a difference & can cause delays: Partnerships/LLCs/Trusts.
- Intent: why all the fuss?
- Restrictive timelines.
- How a Reverse &/or Improvement exchange can save your sale.
- Interplay of Section 121 and 1031-strategies to present to clients.
Instructor: Annamarie Kooning is the Northwest Division Manager with Asset Preservation, Inc. serving Washington and Oregon. She works with investors, attorneys, real estate brokers and agents, accountants, financial advisors, and mortgage bankers/brokers throughout the Northwest.
Annamarie teaches a variety of clock hour CE/CLE classes for attorneys, real estate brokers and agents, accountants and financial advisors throughout the Northwest. She is a regular instructor at all major real estate associations throughout Washington and Oregon. Her exchange presentations are practical, thorough and feature many real-life exchange scenarios to illustrate the wide range of investment and tax strategies..
IMPORTANT! Attendance requirements: Live online course will be presented via ZOOM Meeting. The link to join the meeting will be sent in the confirmation email. Students will need a device with two-way video and audio capabilities and a (free) Zoom account. To verify attendance, students must keep their camera on for the duration of the course and respond to live polls. Clock hour credit will only be given to students with their camera on, who are present and visible on their camera during the course, and who participate in course polls/chat. Please call 425-974-1011 with questions.
*Only Active REALTOR® members of SKCR are eligible to receive Member price online. If you are a REALTOR® member of another Association, you are eligible to receive Member price. Please call the Association office at 425-974-1011 to register.
*Pre-registration required. Only Pre-Paid registrants will guarantee reservation.
(Cancellations must be made 24 hours in advance of scheduled class for refund)