- This event has passed.
Washington Real Estate Fair Housing – New DOL Required Course
August 10 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Cost: *Members $89.00 & Non-Members $120.00, 6 Clock Hours.
This course satisfies the new DOL’s 6-hour Washington Real Estate Fair Housing class requirement for the first active renewal after June 1, 2022. With every renewal afterward, licensees must complete a 3-hour course. The mandatory clock hours must be included in the 30-hour minimum required for all active licensees.
The course will teach real estate brokers and managing brokers the historical and societal context of housing discrimination, legal framework intended to prevent housing discrimination, and steps to take to prevent housing discrimination.
- Historical and Societal Context
- Understand the history and societal context of discrimination and housing discrimination which led to the current legal framework.
- Legal Framework
- Understand federal and state laws, review protected classes, and review court cases.
- Role of the Broker and Managing Broker
- Understand your role as a broker and managing broker in relation to fair housing. Discuss common fair housing topics and unfair practices. Understand financial assistance programs and connection to protected classes. Learn about relevant government entities and certain complaint processes.
This course introduces real estate brokers and managing brokers to the federal Fair Housing Act (42 U.S.C. 3601 et seq.) and the Washington Law Against Discrimination (chapter 49.60 RCW) as it relates to real estate transactions.
Instructor: Mark Kitabayashi
*Pre-registration required. Only Pre-Paid registrants will guarantee reservation.
(Cancellations must be made 24 hours in advance of scheduled class for refund)