Why a REALTOR®?
The term “REALTOR®” is not a generic term; it is a registered membership mark that identifies a licensed real estate professional who is a member of the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR).
REALTOR® ≠ real estate broker
REALTOR® = Member of NAR
Not all real estate brokers are REALTORS®, and clients can tell the difference.
Seattle King County REALTORS® supports the communities of King County by providing valuable information, resources, and services to our members and their clients. We promote and protect the rights of an ever-growing, diverse populace to own, transfer, and use real property.
estimate of recent transactions closed through the NWMLS
The REALTOR® Difference for the Public
REALTORS® promise fair and ethical treatment
Adherence to a strict Code of Ethics and training in Fair Housing principles is required for membership with the Association.
REALTORS® protect your homeownership rights
As a trade association, REALTORS® participate in efforts at the local, state, and national levels to advocate for current and aspiring homeowners, buyers, sellers, and brokers.
REALTORS® have access to powerful resources
The legal hotline can help REALTORS® through any transaction, and free tech help means that technology will never get in the way of getting the home you want.
REALTORS® have exceptional negotiation abilities
Members of the National Association of REALTORS® promote training in negotiation, ethics, contracts, and financing that help make a real estate transaction as smooth as possible.
REALTORS® ARE WELL informed about the real estate market & issues
Market research on topics from home prices and interest rates to decor trends and renovation ROI are readily available to both REALTORS® and the public.
Entrust your real estate transaction to a REALTOR®.
The REALTOR® Difference for Real Estate Professionals
You need someone looking out for you and your interests while you are focusing on serving your clients.
Because of REALTORS®:
- you save $100s each year on state B&O business taxes.
- you were able to continue your real estate practice and close your transactions 4 days after COVID shut down other businesses in 2020.
- all real estate sales are exempt from the new 7% State Capital Gains Tax, saving your sellers thousands in additional taxes.
- Washington State leads the nation in real estate compensation transparency, protecting your future.
- your sellers pay less in REET for homes sold at less than $525,000 and are protected from new increases.
- your independent contractor status is protected.
- your sellers can promote their listings with a reasonable number of signs.
- you can protect your sellers from added costs and delays like energy audits mandated at the point of sale.
- Fair Housing education is now required in Washington State, protecting all classes of buyers from discrimination.
- cities and counties are now required to change zoning laws that will increase the future inventory of affordable housing that your clients need.
- your referral fees are not double-taxed by the State.
association Benefits for members:
- discounts to hundreds of superior clock-hour classes for real estate license renewal.
- quick answers to legal questions surrounding your transactions for free from the Legal Hotline and accompanying video/podcast series.
- access to professional development and networks of fellow brokers and affiliates that will improve your business.
- the opportunity to earn the most respected professional designations and certifications of the real estate industry, which gives you an edge in marketing your business.
- endorsements of candidates for local office that support REALTOR® concerns and issues. We do the research so you don't have to!