Seattle King County REALTORS® First Citizen Scholarship Awards are presented in honor of the many contributions made by REALTORS® and their families to the growth, health, and betterment of our communities, as exemplified by the recipients of the Seattle First Citizen Award.
Apply for a First Citizen Scholarship
The 2024 application will be available January 2024.
Applications are open to REALTOR® and Affiliate members of Seattle King County REALTORS (SKCR) in good standing. i.e. continuous and paid membership for a minimum of one year preceding the application deadline of April 1. Also eligible are the children, foster-children, grandchildren, nieces and nephews of SKCR members in good standing.
All applicants must:
- Be high school graduates or in some other manner establish eligibility for the course of study or training to be pursued;
- Meet admission requirements of the university, college, school or educational program selected;
- Follow a program that leads to a degree, certification, or professionally recognized program for self-improvement. For SKCR member applicants, the program must be real estate related;
- Manifest qualities of character, loyalty, good citizenship, academic achievement, leadership and self-reliance and exhibit exemplary standards of personal conduct;
- Be willing to submit to a personal interview if requested by the SKCSF Board of Directors.
Supporting documentation shall include:
- A transcript (if applicable) from any university, college, school or educational program attended within five (5) years immediately preceding the date of the application;
- A typed, one-page resume highlighting the applicant’s academic, leadership, volunteer and community service activities;
- A typed, one-page essay on the following topic: ”Describe your past and present involvement with volunteer and community service activities and how you plan to use the scholarship. Describe how you personally have contributed to the betterment of your community”. Scholarship award decisions will be weighted toward demonstrated volunteer and community service activities.
- Three letters of recommendation from unrelated persons qualified to attest as to the character, reliability, scholarship, academic achievement, and any other relevant attributes of the applicant.
The Seattle First Citizen Scholarship Foundation Board only accepts scholarship applications that are submitted through the online platform. Mailed applications are not considered.
Questions? Contact Val Taylor at email@example.com or call (425) 974-1014.
A Little History
In 1997, Stanley O. McNaughton of PEMCO Insurance provided an initial investment to help create the Seattle First Citizen Scholarship Foundation. He did this to acknowledge the work of REALTORS® in establishing the Seattle King County First Citizen Award honoring leadership and community service. Since that beginning, the Foundation has focused on awarding scholarships to young people who display that spirit of community service. The program has grown over the years to offer scholarships to SKCR REALTOR® and Affiliate members, their children, grandchildren, nieces and nephews.
Top 2023 Scholarship Named to Honor Legacy of REALTOR® Margo Wheeler
BELLEVUE, Washington (February 14, 2023) — To honor distinguished REALTOR® and community volunteer Margo Wheeler, the Seattle King County First Citizen Foundation will award a $5,000 scholarship in her name to the highest ranked high school scholarship applicant. Ms. Wheeler was a beloved leader and a managing broker at the John L. Scott Real Estate/Tacoma University Place office.
Congratulations to our 2023 scholarship recipients!
2023 High School Recipients
|Recipient||Sponsored by||Sponsor Firm|
|Ryder Baldwin||Sarah Vincent||Redfin Corp|
|Kyah Easton||Shane Rossow-Belenky||Coldwell Banker Bain|
|Samantha Ha||Sandy Sun||COMPASS|
|Kiela Hawk||Mija Hamilton||Windermere RE – Greenwood|
|Marshall Longtin||Marshall Longtin||Windermere – Northgate|
|Kasimir Lovric||Beverly Read||Windermere – Northlake|
|Peyton MacKenzie||Kevin Fitzgerald||Keller Williams Realty – North Seattle|
|Ella Mei Matias||Betsy Matias||Windermere – Bellevue South|
|Tyler North||Heidi North||Keller Williams Realty – Federal Way|
|Marina Sellers||Kurtis L. Sellers||Windermere RE – Greenwood|
2023 College Recipients
|Recipient||Sponsored by||Sponsor Firm|
|Callysta Coyne||Sabranie Coyne||Windermere – Mount Baker|
|Abigail Eklund||Benjamin Eklund||John L. Scott Lake Tapps|
|Cassie Larson||Susan Larson||eXp Realty|
|Dinato Luz||Dinato V. Luz||Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices|
|Summer Mays||Sunny Mays||Coldwell Banker Danforth|
|Grace Moawad||Angie Covey Moawad||Coldwell Banker Danforth|
|Mathida Ngamsiripol*||Wanwa Chan||Realogics Sotheby’s International Realty|
|Rachel Park||David Park||Windermere – Bellevue West|
|Jordan Woltjer||Pamela Jensen||Windermere – Wedgwood|
|Anzu Yonezawa||Mayumi Shimizu||Coldwell Banker Bain|