Open to members in good standing. Serving on a committee allows you to meet fellow REALTORS® and make a difference, while gaining a better understanding of the organization.
Questions? Contact Darla White, Director of Membership & Marketing at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 425.974.1011
GOVERNMENTAL & PUBLIC AFFAIRS COMMITTEE
The Governmental & Public Affairs Committee encourages participation among the general membership in grass roots political actions, monitors local legislation affecting the real estate industry and promotes the REALTOR® movement and the Seattle King County REALTORS® to its membership and the public. Meets the first Tuesday of even numbered months from 10:30-1:30PM.
- The REALTORS® Environmental Council (TREC): Meets for environmental project in October.
- RPAC Fundraising: Helps raise RPAC funds by soliciting items and helping with fundraisers and encouraging members to invest in RPAC. Meets as needed.
MEMBER SERVICES & COMMUNICATIONS COMMITTEE
The Member Services & Communications Committee identifies key strategies, challenges, and needs in-order to provide insight on membership recruitment, engagement, and retention.
- First Citizen Award: Selects recipient, and manages all aspects of Award presentation event. Meets Oct-June. Affiliate Council: Supports Assn activities. Plans and implements networking and educational events for REALTORS®. Meets monthly.
- Affiliate Council: Supports Association activities. Plans and implements networking and educational events for REALTORS®. Meets monthly.
- Annual REALTOR® Awards: Appointed committee selects annual SKCR Realtor Award recipients. Meets September-November.
- Young Professionals Network (YPN): Members under 40 meet monthly to plan and implement sponsored events.
BUSINESS PRACTICES COMMITTEE
Develops programs designed to educate members on current business practice issues affecting them, i.e., risk management issues, technology, fair housing, homeownership issues, sales skills, finance programs, etc. Plans and implements appropriate educational opportunities for members. Meets quarterly.
SEATTLE FIRST CITIZEN SCHOLARSHIP FOUNDATION:
501(c)3 Board manages fundraising efforts and selects annual scholarship recipients. Meets quarterly.
- Scholarship Selection Committee: Meets once per year to select scholarship recipients.
GLOBAL REAL ESTATE GLOBAL COUNCIL
The mission of the International Real Estate Council of the Seattle King County REALTORS® is to foster the establishment of discussion and opportunities to conduct international real estate for the benefit of members by providing education, information and networking resources. Meets Spring and Fall.